Saturday - What's the 411?

Today is Saturday once again and boy are there many things to do and see following this less than fortunate week. As I told you yesterday, my family was allowed to go to their property last evening to determine the damage if any. Well I do have some bad news and good news to report.

For the good news, we all made it out of there last Sunday without any injuries or incidents, the house itself was not burned in the fire and other than smoke inside and some damaged skylights as a result of the fireman's hosing the house overall is intact. As for the bad news, the fire did rip through at least 3 acres of the property rendering numerous avocado trees to be burned to the ground to the beat of 75 completely demolished trees and another 150-300 severely damaged and burned between 7-10 feet from the ground up, one storage compound was completely obliterated, numerous grape vines sauteed, and 2 small guest cottages, once the dwelling of my sister and brother completely toasted away.

Fortunately the main house is large enough to house everyone until the cottages can be rebuilt in the next month or so, and avocado trees along with other fruit trees and natural landscaping mechanisms are no more. Luckily the property was insured and the insurance disaster team is slated to be out on Monday to assess the damage along with FEMA later in the week to help with any uncovered costs associated with this disaster. To date my family has not been able to inhabit this home for 6 days due to mandatory evacuations and now there being no viable water resources available and a home filled with tremendous amounts of smoke and they are not sure just when they will be able to go back and stay there, but they are hopeful it will be soon and they can begin to get things back on tract promptly.

Okay that is my side of the Firestorm update, and now onto my outfit update. Today I knew I was going to get filthy with feet of ash all over the place and my need to see first hand how bad things are and just how close the fire was, I decided to wear a pair of James Jeans I picked up at Bloomingdale's last month along with an INC Blackshirt with color coordinating designs to the stitching and emblems on the back of my jean pants. I chose to wear a pair of Rocket dogs, in black of course to compliment this urban / ghetto look for the day along with my guess blue denim colored jersey jacket.

Phew, I am tired already, I have a lot of manual labor to attend to so if you don't mind, I am shoving off now -

Catch you later!

Comments

Popular Posts